The individual hired into this position will be on a career path toward becoming a practice leader contingent on his/her successful job performance. Because of this, candidates with prior consulting experience, particularly experience in a role with practice development and sales goals, are preferred. Cornerstone is a unique work environment where employees can make a difference and build their personal brands. We pride ourselves on being a knowledge company and hire life-long learners. Thus, preference will also be given to candidates who have demonstrated thought leadership through published writing and professional speaking.
As a Senior Director, you’ll help develop, sell, and deliver a variety of Information Technology Advisory solutions for clients including application, infrastructure, and organization assessments, benchmarking, Information Technology strategic plans, and more. These solutions will help clients achieve their most challenging goals and align their information technology direction with business needs. You’ll also help mentor and grow talent on a growing Cornerstone IT Advisory team. This position may reside anywhere in the continental United States and travel can be 40–50% of the time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, refine, and strategies for the IT Advisory practice that result in growth of both revenue and profitability
- Develop intellectual property used in delivery of IT Advisory offerings and cross-train resources to ensure delivery is repeatable
- Source sales leads and participate as part of sales teams to design and sell IT Advisory and other Cornerstone solutions to clients
- Deliver IT Advisory and other solutions to clients independently, as a project manager, and as a subject matter expert
- Mentor IT Advisory resources to foster their personal growth and achieve progression along their desired career paths
- Manage goal-setting and performance of IT Advisory resources
- Lead and participate in talent recruitment activities
- Demonstrate thought leadership through writing, speaking, and social media engagement
- Maintain deep knowledge of relevant vendor offerings
- Manage client relationships
- Lead and/or contribute to internal Cornerstone projects as assigned
- Other duties as required and assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher is required
- Five or more years of experience leading an information technology team in a bank with at least $5 billion in assets (CIO, CTO, Applications, and/or Infrastructure leadership) is required
- Bank consulting experience in a role with sales and practice development goals is preferred
- Additional banking (either within or outside of IT) and/or financial services technology vendor experience is desirable
- Certifications in Six Sigma, IT Service Management, Application Development, and or Project Management domains are desirable
- Proficiency with entire Microsoft Office Suite is required – Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Proficiency with Internet search processes and research is required
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g., pivot tables, nested conditional statements, and lookups) are desirable
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Microsoft Project is preferred
- Remote workers must demonstrate the ability to proactively set and share goals, stay connected to team, focus on results and constantly want to learn.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple project priorities in a deadline driven environment
- Team player with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all staff levels as well as work independently on complex projects and tasks
- Ability to interact professionally with client and vendor resources in senior, executive management, and board roles
- Strong negotiation skills
- Adept and creative problem solver with strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Willingness to travel 40 – 50% of the time
We are looking for a long-term employee who brings knowledge and experience that has been under-utilized at prior companies. We offer 100% paid employee health care (medical, dental, vision, STD & life), matching 401(k), extensive training and development, 3 weeks PTO, profit sharing, annual bonus, work/life balance and more.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.