Cornerstone Advisors is a national management consulting firm offering a wide range of consulting services to meet the needs of the bank and credit union industries. We are seeking an experienced Marketing Director to work at our corporate office in Scottsdale, AZ.
This role is responsible for planning and implementing practice area marketing tools and programs, as well as supporting the development of lead generation initiatives. This includes synthesizing the content from across the organization, orchestrating the development and delivery of marketing tools and programs, and measuring both progress and impact.
Our office is in the hot spot of Old Town Scottsdale, but we enjoy the benefits of casual dress (jeans are okay). We benefit from a lot of perks, including a recently remodeled office, 100% paid employee health care (medical, dental, vision, STD & life), matching 401(k), covered parking, company provided gourmet coffee, snacks and drinks, ping pong table, learning lunches, 3 weeks PTO, profit sharing, annual bonus and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop marketing tools, processes, and sales enablement programs to drive rapid, consistent, and scalable programs
- Partner with practice area leadership to define initiatives and requirements on an ongoing basis that create and deliver relevant, effective sales initiatives and marketing tools
- Author compelling content that drives end-use engagement and measure results
- Work with internal practice area teams to develop sales tools that support client and business needs
- Work with customers to write case studies and testimonials
- Manage the scheduling and prioritization of collaterals with third party creative teams
- Develop best practices that provide improved business insights to meet objectives and monitor results
- Partner with subject matter experts and the marketing team to write and develop new, and refine existing, solution/service offering materials as new capabilities are developed, while ensuring all materials are developed through the lens of the customer
- Utilize knowledge of the market, product, competition and product strategy to effectively express the company story through presentation, social media, video etc.
- Assist consultants as needed
- Special projects as assigned
- Provide a high level of customer service in response to client inquiries and requests
- Other duties as required
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- 7+ years direct marketing communications experience with a high tech, hardware or software company, preferably B2B
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofing skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to manage and actively contribute to multiple deadline-driven tasks and projects
- Ability to develop, organize, and lead initiatives with strong organizational skills and project management
- Understanding of the financial services market and uses that knowledge to ensure the messaging around the services/products are effective and resonates with the target market
- Experience working within a collaborative and cross-functional team environment
- Expertise with Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Expert in MS PowerPoint and Word
- Excels at working in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment
- Embraces change and continual iteration
- High-energy, positive team player that works well with others
This is a unique opportunity to be a high level strategic partner to a dynamic business unit! To be considered for this position, you must submit your resume and salary requirements. Salary commensurate with background, education and experience. Professional demeanor is a must.
Background screening including past employment, education and references is required.
Our firm provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, our firm complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.