This position may reside anywhere in the continental United States and travel can be 40–50% of the time.
Cornerstone Advisors is a national management and technology consulting firm, located in Scottsdale, AZ, offering a wide range of consulting services to meet the needs of banks and credit unions. We are seeking a Director to join our Strategy and Execution group focused in our Delivery Channel Advisory Practice.
We have a growing Delivery Channel practice in the hottest area of industry change related to digital banking, digital account opening, marketing automation and analytics and the adoption of new business models/approaches to grow a financial institution’s business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Director position in the Delivery Channel practice will lead engagements related to delivery channel advisory, (ROC), client experience and digital channel planning/road maps, digital system selections, online account opening selections and process implementations. This individual will also be cross utilized in process improvement engagements related to branch, contact center and ATM/self-service channels as well as engagements that involve product/strategic growth analysis and marketing/channel analytics.
- Deliver engagements and continuously improve the methodology and deliverables around Cornerstone’s digital planning/road map engagements.
- Be an active leading thinker around the execution of the digital channel shift among Cornerstone clients.
- Lead vendor selection engagements related to digital banking, digital lending and online account opening selections. Support digital system conversion efforts as a subject matter expert.
- Expand across additional practice areas and lead support engagements related to overall delivery channel advisory services and Cornerstone’s Return on Channel (ROC) framework.
- Be involved in engagements involving all delivery channels including branch, digital, contact center and ATM/self-service.
- Source sales leads and participate as part of sales teams to design and sell Deliver Channel Advisory solutions and other Cornerstone solutions to clients
- Demonstrate thought leadership through writing, speaking, and social media engagement
- Maintain deep knowledge of relevant vendor offerings
- Manage client relationships
- Lead and/or contribute to internal Cornerstone projects as assigned
- Other duties as required and assigned
Cornerstone is a unique work environment where employees can make a difference and build their personal brands. We pride ourselves on being a knowledge company and hire life-long learners. Thus, preference will also be given to candidates who have demonstrated thought leadership through published writing and professional speaking.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher is required
- Five or more years of experience in the financial services industry with expertise in digital banking strategy and execution including both transactional capabilities and digital sales/engagement. Insights into cross-channel interactions and support from branches and contact center is preferred.
- Bank consulting experience in a role with sales and practice development goals is preferred
- Additional banking and/or financial services technology vendor experience is desirable
- Proficiency with entire Microsoft Office Suite is required – Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Proficiency with Internet search processes and research is required
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g., pivot tables, nested conditional statements, and lookups) are desirable
- Remote workers must demonstrate the ability to proactively set and share goals, stay connected to team, focus on results and constantly want to learn.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple project priorities in a deadline driven environment
- Team player with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all staff levels as well as work independently on complex projects and tasks
- Ability to interact professionally with client and vendor resources in senior, executive management, and board roles
- Strong negotiation skills
- Adept and creative problem solver with strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Willingness to travel 40 – 50% of the time
We are looking for a long-term employee who brings knowledge and experience that has been under-utilized at prior companies. We offer 100% paid employee health care (medical, dental, vision, STD & life), matching 401(k), extensive training and development, 3 weeks PTO, profit sharing, annual bonus, work/life balance and more.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.