This position may reside anywhere in the continental United States and travel can be 40–50% of the time.
We have a growing Delivery Channel practice in the hottest area of industry change and you will help develop, sell and deliver a variety of consulting solutions for bank and credit union clients related to digital banking, digital account opening, marketing automation and analytics and the adoption of new business models/approaches to grow a financial institution’s business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Consultant position in the Delivery Channel practice will lead engagements related to consumer and commercial delivery channel strategy/road maps, return on channels (ROC), client experience, digital banking/treasury services and online account opening selections and process implementations. This individual may also be cross utilized in strategy and process improvement engagements related to branch, contact center and ATM/self-service channels as well as engagements that involve product/strategic growth analysis and marketing/channel analytics.
- Deliver engagements and continuously improve the methodology and deliverables around Cornerstone’s digital planning/road map engagements.
- Be an active leading thinker around the execution of the digital channel shift among Cornerstone clients.
- Lead vendor selection engagements related to digital banking, treasury services, digital lending and online account opening. Support digital system conversion efforts as a subject matter expert.
- Expand across additional practice areas and lead/support engagements related to overall delivery channel advisory services and Cornerstone’s Return on Channel (ROC) framework.
- Be involved in engagements involving all delivery channels including branch, digital, contact center and ATM/self-service.
- Source sales leads and participate as part of sales teams to design and sell Deliver Channel Advisory solutions and other Cornerstone solutions to clients
- Demonstrate thought leadership through writing, speaking, and social media engagement
- Maintain deep knowledge of relevant vendor offerings
- Manage client relationships
- Lead and/or contribute to internal Cornerstone projects as assigned
- Other duties as required and assigned
- Cornerstone is a unique work environment where employees can make a difference and build their personal brands. We pride ourselves on being a knowledge company and hire life-long learners. Thus, preference will also be given to candidates who have demonstrated thought leadership through published writing and professional speaking.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher is required
- Five or more years of experience in the financial services industry with expertise in digital banking strategy and execution including both transactional capabilities and digital sales/engagement. Insights into cross-channel interactions and support from branches and contact center is preferred.
- Broad knowledge of leading bank and/or credit union vendors and their applications for core, digital, branch, payments, loan origination, financial, risk, etc.
- One or more of the following:
- Three or more years of experience serving in a manager/executive role with a bank or credit union with at least $1 billion in assets (CIO, CTO, COO, Digital Officer, etc.)
- Bank or credit union core or digital consulting experience
- Vendor sales experience with bank or credit union digital solutions
- Additional banking and/or financial services technology vendor experience is desirable
- Proficiency with entire Microsoft Office Suite is required – Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Proficiency with Internet search processes and research is required
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g., pivot tables, nested conditional statements, and lookups) are desirable
- Remote workers must demonstrate the ability to proactively set and share goals, stay connected to team, focus on results and constantly want to learn.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple project priorities in a deadline driven environment
- Team player with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all staff levels as well as work independently on complex projects and tasks
- Ability to interact professionally with client and vendor resources in senior, executive management, and board roles
- Strong negotiation skills
- dept and creative problem solver with strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Willingness to travel 40 – 50% of the time
We are looking for a long-term employee who brings knowledge and experience that has been under-utilized at prior companies. We offer 100% paid employee health care (medical, dental, vision, STD & life), matching 401(k), extensive training and development, 3 weeks PTO, profit sharing, annual bonus, work/life balance and more.