Cornerstone Advisors is a national management and technology consulting firm, located in Scottsdale, AZ, offering a wide range of consulting services to meet the needs of banks and credit unions. We are seeking a Sr. Consultant to join our Information Technology Advisory Practice. Candidate must meet one of the following qualifications:
- Two or more years of experience leading an information technology team in a bank or credit union. The candidate’s leadership experience can be as a Chief Information Officer, Chief Technology Officer or as a direct report to one of these positions with responsibility for Application Development/Support or IT Operations/Infrastructure organizations; or
- Two or more years of experience in consulting with a focus on information technology in banks and/or credit unions.
Cornerstone is a unique work environment where employees can make a difference and build their personal brands. We pride ourselves on being a knowledge company and hire life-long learners. Thus, preference will also be given to candidates who have demonstrated thought leadership through published writing and professional speaking.
As a consultant with Cornerstone, you’ll help sell and deliver a variety of Information Technology Advisory solutions for clients including application, infrastructure, and organization assessments, benchmarking, Information Technology strategic plans, and more. These solutions will help clients achieve their most challenging goals and align their information technology direction with business needs. You’ll also help mentor and grow talent on a growing Cornerstone IT Advisory team. This position may reside anywhere in the continental United States and travel can be 40–50% of the time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver IT Advisory and other solutions to clients independently, as a project manager, and as a subject matter expert
- Demonstrate thought leadership through writing, speaking, and social media engagement
- Maintain deep knowledge of relevant vendor offerings
- Develop intellectual property used in delivery of IT Advisory offerings
- Source sales leads and participate as part of sales teams to design and sell IT Advisory and other Cornerstone solutions to clients
- Participate in talent recruitment activities
- Contribute to internal Cornerstone projects as assigned
- Other duties as required and assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher is required
- Two or more years of experience leading an information technology team in a bank or credit union or two or more years of experience in consulting with a focus on information technology in banks and/or credit unions.
- Certifications in Six Sigma, IT Service Management, Application Development, and or Project Management domains are desirable
- Proficiency with entire Microsoft Office Suite is required – Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Proficiency with Internet search processes and research is required
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g., pivot tables, nested conditional statements, and lookups) are desirable
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Microsoft Project is preferred
- Remote workers must demonstrate the ability to proactively set and share goals, stay connected to team, focus on results and constantly want to learn.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple project priorities in a deadline driven environment
- Team player with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all staff levels as well as work independently on complex projects and tasks
- Ability to interact professionally with client and vendor resources in senior, executive management, and board roles
- Strong negotiation skills
- Adept and creative problem solver with strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Willingness to travel 40 – 50% of the time
We are looking for a long-term employee who brings knowledge and experience that has been under-utilized at prior companies. We offer 100% paid employee health care (medical, dental, vision, STD & life), matching 401(k), extensive training and development, 3 weeks PTO, profit sharing, annual bonus, work/life balance and more.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.