Candidate can be located Cornerstone Advisors is a national management and technology consulting firm, located in Scottsdale, AZ, offering a wide range of consulting services to meet the needs of banks and credit unions. We are seeking a consultant to join our Business Intelligence/Analytics Practice. Candidate must meet one of the following qualifications:
- Three or more years of experience leading business intelligence/analytics, data governance, data quality, and/or related domains in a bank or credit union.
- Three or more years of experience in consulting with a focus on business intelligence/analytics, data governance, data quality, and/or related domains for banks and/or credit unions.
Cornerstone is a unique work environment where employees can make a difference and build their personal brands. We pride ourselves on being a knowledge company and hire life-long learners. Thus, preference will also be given to candidates who have demonstrated thought leadership through published writing and professional speaking.
As a consultant with Cornerstone, you’ll help sell and deliver a variety of Business Intelligence/Analytics advisory solutions for clients including strategic plans and roadmaps, data governance/data quality assessments and program builds, tool selections, and implementations. These solutions will help clients achieve their most challenging goals and align their BI/Analytics direction with business needs. You’ll also help mentor and grow talent on a growing Cornerstone Technology Solutions team. This position may reside anywhere in the continental United States and travel will be 40–50% of the time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Cornerstone team members to deliver, sell and further develop Business Intelligence/Analytics advisory offerings including:
- Business Intelligence/Analytics Roadmaps/Plans that provide prioritized recommendations enabling financial institutions to achieve maturity in areas including:
- Information management strategies, policies and procedures
- Data governance, including steering committee and data ownership
- Request and delivery processes for report / data fulfillment; alignment with strategic priorities
- Data management and reporting tools
- Reporting alignment with strategic and operational priorities
- Processes and training to recognize and act on business changes
- Information Management Program and Data Governance Program buildout
- Use case identification
- BI/Analytics tool selection
- BI/Analytics tool implementation (in conjunction with Cornerstone’s implementation services)
- Demonstrate thought leadership through writing, speaking, and social media engagement
- Refine Cornerstone’s intellectual property surrounding BI/Analytics including:
- Maturity models
- Vendor knowledge base
- Marketing collateral
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher is required
- Three or more years of experience leading business intelligence/analytics, data governance, data quality, and/or related domains in a bank or credit union OR
three or more years of experience in consulting with a focus on business intelligence/analytics, data governance, data quality, and/or related domains for banks and/or credit unions.
- Certifications Business Intelligence/Analytics, Data Governance, and/or related domains are desirable but not required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite is required – Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Proficiency with Internet search processes and research is required
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Microsoft Project is preferred
- Familiarity with the BI/Analytics solution provider ecosystem, with in-depth knowledge of one or more of the major providers
- Familiarity with top use cases for BI/Analytics in financial institutions
- Team player with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all staff levels as well as work independently on complex projects and tasks
- Ability to interact professionally with clients in senior and executive management roles
- Adept and creative problem solver with strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to proactively set and share goals, stay connected to team, focus on results and constantly want to learn.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple project priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Desire and ability to travel 40 – 50% of the time
We are looking for a long-term employee who brings knowledge and experience that has been under-utilized at prior companies. We offer 100% paid employee health care (medical, dental, vision, STD & life), matching 401(k), extensive training and development, 3 weeks PTO, profit sharing, annual bonus, work/life balance and more.
Our firm provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, our firm complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.