Cornerstone Advisors is a national management consulting firm offering a wide range of consulting services to meet the needs of the bank and credit union industries. We are seeking an experienced Business/Finance Analyst to work at our corporate office in Scottsdale, AZ. In this role, you will support consultants in the Strategy & Execution Solutions Group on projects from conceptualization to execution. The candidate must have excellent written and communication skills and the ability to successfully work with all levels in the organization.
Cornerstone is a fast-paced work environment where employees make a difference. We pride ourselves on being a “knowledge” company with life-long learners.
Our offices are located in the hot spot of Old Town Scottsdale but we enjoy the benefits of casual dress (jeans are okay). We benefit from a lot of perks, including a recently remodeled office, 100% paid employee health care (medical, dental, vision, STD & life), matching 401(k), covered parking, company provided gourmet coffee, snacks and drinks, ping pong table, learning lunches, 3 weeks PTO, profit sharing, annual bonus and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Function as the client relationship liaison while providing gritty financial data
- Manage and drive day-to-day aspects of projects over the life cycle of 3+ months
- Take a lead role in developing project plans and meeting deadlines
- Build and leverage internal tools in conjunction with both public and proprietary data and analyze results
- Create detailed and complex financial models based on client invoices, contracts, and surveys
- Research complex financial data on new subjects
- Develop, draft, and edit client deliverables
- Coordinate planning engagements and facilitate sessions
- Assist consultants in drafting client deliverables using PowerPoint
- Create financial analysis proposals (i.e. complex 5-year projected costs with variable data)
- Create and/or respond to Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Manage daily client relationships during the project in addition to coordinate clients and vendor calls/meetings.
- File and track incoming documents for completeness
- Assist consultants as needed
- Special projects as assigned
- Provide a high level of customer service in response to client inquiries and requests
- Other duties as required
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or MBA in Business related field – Finance, Economics or other quantitative focus a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Financial industry knowledge a plus
- Proficient with Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g., pivot tables, nested conditional statements, and lookups)
- Internet search processes and research abilities
- Skilled with project management tools such as Microsoft Project
- Experience with SQL User Interfaces and/or SQL report writing a plus but not required
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple project priorities in a deadline driven environment
- Team player with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all staff levels as well as work independently on complex projects and tasks
- Ability to interact professionally with clients in senior and executive management roles
- Adept and creative problem solver
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be able to work with constant interruptions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment
This is a unique opportunity to be a high-level strategic partner to a dynamic business unit! To be considered for this position, you must submit your resume and salary requirements. Salary commensurate with background, education, and experience. Professional demeanor is a must.
Background screening including past employment, education and references is required.
Our firm provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, our firm complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.