Cornerstone Advisors is a national management consulting firm offering a wide range of consulting services to meet the needs of the bank and credit union industries. We are seeking an experienced Accounting Specialist with Concur software experience to work at our corporate office in Scottsdale, AZ.
Our office is in the hot spot of Old Town Scottsdale, but we enjoy the benefits of casual dress (jeans are okay). We benefit from a lot of perks, including a recently remodeled office, 100% paid employee covered health care (medical, dental, vision, STD & life), matching 401(k), covered parking, company provided gourmet coffee, snacks and drinks, ping pong table, learning lunches, 3 weeks PTO, profit sharing, annual bonus and more.
Accounting Assistant will provide accounting support to all financial accounting areas, including the accounts payable/receivable, general ledger accounting and account reconciliation.
Major Areas of Responsibilities:
- Administrator for Concur Expense/Travel for expense report processing
- Vendor set up of all new employees and associates in Concur and QuickBooks
- Onboarding and training of all new employees and associates on Concur module
- Responsible for client invoicing of billable time (hourly engagements) on a monthly basis
- Setup billing/tracking logs for engagements
- Responsible for managing/maintenance of all billing/tracking logs as well as updating to include new employees and associates
- Create monthly Smartsheet reports for Invoicing; distribute monthly reports and manage updates to Smartsheet reports within QuickBooks regarding changes in invoicing dates, amounts, billing client or closing out engagements
- Create estimates in QuickBooks for all out of scope billing items; responsible for managing client billing of out of scope items
- Complete due diligence requests
- Respond to client requests for supporting data regarding invoices
- Run and manage weekly Aging Receivables reports for Core Clients and Contracts
- Provide backup support for certificates of insurance requests
- Any ad hoc reports as requested from inside or outside of Finance
- Other duties as required and assigned
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Proficiency with QuickBooks, Intacct, and Concur
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets
- DocuSign experience a plus
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of finance & accounting experience
- Proven ability working experience in a high speed – environment
- Experience in a consulting firm environment a plus
- Financial industry knowledge preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with an aptitude for numbers
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Customer service orientation Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment
- Team player with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all staff levels
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be able to work with constant interruptions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements
Background screening including past employment, education, and references required.
Our firm provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, our firm complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.